You will be part of a cross-functional team where you will apply your expertise to create intuitive, engaging, and visually appealing designs that make developers successful – and which surprise and delight them, too. The solutions you drive will improve developer experience across the entire developer journey; onboarding and first user experience, developer education, the purchasing journey, and the tools to manage and operate applications at global scale.
Day to day you will
- Create and communicate design concepts and interactions. You’ll create intuitive interaction designs, wireframes, user flows and interactive prototypes that deliver exceptional developer experiences.
- Optimise user journeys. You’ll develop information architecture and navigation structures that enhance usability and engagement and ensure consistency and coherence in design.
- Conduct user research and analysis. You’ll strive to help us better understand user behaviors, needs, and pain points, analysing feedback and conducting testing to gather insights and inform design decisions.
- Engage with the developer community. You’ll actively engage with the developer community, both directly and indirectly, to gather feedback, establish relationships, and promote Ably’s solutions.
- Be driven by “Developer First” principles. You’ll collaborate closely with the mission Product Manager and other stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of the needs of developers and how to solve their most important problems. We’d love to hear from you if you have
- Proven experience as a UX Designer or similar role, with a strong portfolio showcasing your design expertise.
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles and best practices.
- Experience with design sprints or other iterative design, prototyping, and testing processes.
- Proficiency in design and prototyping tools such as Figma, or similar.
- Experience conducting user research, usability testing, and gathering user insights.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with the ability to present and articulate design concepts.
- A product mindset, with a strong focus on customer outcomes and the ability to quickly comprehend and convert business requirements into technical solutions
- A pragmatic approach; the ability to quickly and successfully embrace change and adapt effectively in response.
- Experience in dynamic, early stage startups where adaptability and resourcefulness are crucial.
- A transparent and collaborative “build in the open” mindset. It would be great, but not essential if you have
- Experience building tools used by software engineers, developers, and others involved in the software development process
- Experience with products that are brought to market primarily through a product led growth approach.